Friday, November 11, 2011

When You Count Your Blessings, Remember Your Family

Here I am with my sisters on a family cruise.

Happy Harvest Everyone!

The holidays are coming and I'm excited; I'm sure whoever reads this post is looking forward to them also.

Around this time is when we all start thinking about our millions of blessings...God is so good to us, and one of the main blessings we should be thankful for is our family.  Family is one of our most important blessings. In the picture seen here, you can see me with my two little sisters, Laura and Annie, having fun on a recent family cruise.  And below is my sweet little brother, Evan.  How different my life would be without them!  I love being a big sister, and am thrilled to announce that my Mom is expecting another little one next June! 
   
My little brother, Evan.
Although I am blessed with many siblings, and wonderful parents, I know that not everyone has family to lean on during the holidays.  Let's all remember a couple important things:
- God has adopted us all as His children, and He loves each of us more than we can understand
- We are all adopted brothers and sisters of our Heavenly Father.



You should behave instead like God's very own children, adopted into his family -- calling him "Father, dear Father."  Romans 8:15

As we make our way through this busy Thanksgiving Season, we are sure to encounter some of God's adopted children who are struggling to make it through their days here on Earth.  We need to be prepared to pray for them, and to share the blessings we have with those less fortunate.  What better way to honor our Father, than by helping His children who are in need?  Bags of Hope is an easy way to do that.  Email me here to order some bags to keep in your car, that way, when you see someone in need you will have something ready to give them; not just some change or a dollar, but the love of Jesus and some help as well. 

Email me here to order Bags of Hopeclarahope24@gmail.com
Don't forget that we have three types of bags: Standard Bags, Snack Bags, and Deluxe Bags.
And look for our special Christmas Bags, coming soon!

Have a Blessed Thanksgiving!
Clara Harney 
(with some help from Dad)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Clara, it's Alex, your New York sister! It's been so long since we've seen each other, I miss you, Laura, Evan, and Annie so much, and I heard you're getting a new baby sibling as well! Your dad posted your blog on the Madrigals Facebook page, and I absolutely love what you're doing with Bags of Hope. I'd love to participate and help out if I can. Let me know :)

    Alex

    P.S. I'm singing with your church choir this Christmas, are you coming to watch?

    ReplyDelete